Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Year of Books

Updated 10 - 23 - 14 (don't know that I'll finish)

I will admit that I stole this idea from my friend, whose list you can read here (of course, her list has only 17 books on it so far).

Not only do I have WAY more books than I can EVER read (not that there's anything wrong with that), I continue buying books at a faster pace than I  read.  This year I'd like to be able to get at least 52 65 books under my belt and here's the beginning of my list.  It's a mixture of Fiction and Non-Fiction and I will add to it as the year goes by.  I need to get several finished that I'm working on so that I can stay on track.  As I finish I will update the blog and cross them out.

Here they are, in no particular order.  The ones crossed out in red are those that I did not complete, nor do I intend to.  I you are interested in the reason why, please reach out and I would be glad to share that with you. 

Also -- I didn't give links to any online retailer as I believe you should support your local bookstores.

1.  King & Maxwell - David Baldacci (Fiction)
2.  7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess - Jen Hatmaker (Memoir)
3.  Rest - Keri Wyatt Kent (NF)  
4.  Gluten Free Girl -  Shauna James Ahern (NF: Memoir)
5.  Mornings on Horseback -David McCullough (NF: Presidential Memoir)
6.  A Praying Life  - Paul E. Miller (NF)
7.  A Hunger for God  - John Piper (NF: Fasting)
8.  Longing to Call Them Sisters - Various Authors (NF: Muslim Outreach)
9.  Wonderstruck: Awaken to the Nearness of God - Margaret Feinberg (NF)
10. The Jesus-Hearted Woman - Jodi Detrick (NF: Leadership)
11. Lunch in Paris - Elizabeth Bard (Fiction)
12. The House I Loved - Tatiana de Rosnay (Fiction)
13. The Bookman's Tale - Charlie Lovett (Fiction)
14. A Lady Cyclist's Guide to Kashgar - Susanne Joinson (Fiction)
15. The Remarkable Women of the Bible - Elizabeth George (NF)
16. Till We have Faces: A Myth Retold - C.S. Lewis (Novel)
17. The Right to Write  - Julia Cameron (NF)
18. Boundaries - Henry Cloud & John Townsend (Non-Fiction)
19. It's Your Call - Gary Barkalow (Non-Fiction)
20. Don't Waste Your Life - John Piper (NF)
21. Behind the Veils of Yemen - Audra Grace Shelby (Memoir)
22. A Vision of the Possible - Daniel Sinclair (NF: Pioneer Church Planting)
23. Reshaping It All - Candace Cameron Bure (Memoir)
24. When Helping Hurts - Steve Corbett & Brian Fikkert (NF)
25. Tentmaking - Patrick Lai (NF)
26. The Christian's Secret of a Happy Life - Hannah W. Smith (NF)
27. God's Armor Bearer - Terry Nancy (NF)
28. Educating Alice - Alice Steinbach (Travel Writing)
29. Paris to the Moon - Adam Gopnik (Fiction)
30. Tales of a Female Nomad - Rita Golden Gelman (Travel Writing)
31. Standing Strong - John MacArthur (NF)
32. Be a People Person: Effective Leadership .... -John C. Maxwell (NF)
33. Tactics: Game Plan for Discussing Your Christian Convictions- G. Koukl (NF)
34. Legend of the Book Keeper - Daniel Blackaby (Fiction)
35. Sex and the Single Christian Girl - Marion Jordan Ellis (NF: Purity)
36. The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit - R. A. Torrey (NF)
37. Cross-Cultural Connections - Duane Elmer (NF)
38. George Muller of Bristol & His Witness to a Prayer-Hearing God - (Biography)
39. Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God - Francis Chan (NF)
40. Gospel - J.D. Greer (NF)
41. Pinkerton's Sister - Peter Rushforth (Fiction)
42. Living in Financial Victory - Tony Evans (NF)
43. Sycamore Row - John Grisham (Fiction)
44. The Lie: Evolution - Ken Ham (NF)
45. Cat & Dog Prayer - Bob Sjogren & Gerald Robison (Fiction)
46. Lady of the English - Elizabeth Chadwick (Fiction)
47. The Women of the Cousin's War - Philippa Gregory (NF: History)
48. The Paris Wife - Paula McLain (Fiction)
49. A Secret Kept - Tatiana de Rosnay (Fiction)
50. A Place of Quiet Rest - Nancy Leigh DeMoss (NF)
51. Arthur & George - Julian Barnes (Fiction)
52.  Chasing Cezanne  - Peter Mayle (Fiction)
53.  Dear Exile - H Liftin & K Montgomery (Travel Writing)
54.  Awake: Discover the Power of Your Story - Joel N. Clark (NF)
55.  Rush to the Altar - Jamie Carie (Fiction)
56.  Seven Sacred Pauses - Macrina Wiederkehr (NF: Prayer)
57.  Muslims, Christians, and Jesus - Carl Medearis (NF)
58.  Miraculous Movements - Jerry Trousdale (NF)
59.  My Bookstore - Various Writers (NF)
60.  A Beautiful Fall - Chris Coppernoll
61.  Georgia on Her Mind  - Rachel Hauck
62.  The Tangled Skein  - Baroness Orczy
63.  A Call to Joy & Pain - Ajith Fernando
64.  The Translator - Daoud Hari (Memoir)
65.  This Momentary Marriage - John Piper 
66.  The Last Witness  - Richard Montgomery
67.  An Open Heart - Harry Kraus
68.  Ekaterina (Heirs of Anton) - Susan May Warren (Novel)
69.  Persevere in Procolamation - Toby Miles (NF)
70.  The Insanity of God - Nik Ripkin (NF)
71.  The Beautiful Reward - Jaclyn Palmer (NF)

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Okay, I totally feel guilty now. Having checked my original list, I realize that I've read a number of books (I'll never reach my goal this year), but very few off my list!! THANK YOU for re-directing my focus! I'll have to blog an update. :)