Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

It's hard to believe that Christmas in Nashville has come and gone.  I looked forward to it for so long, made plans and was giddy... and now it's a memory -- but a beautiful, sweet memory!

The picture you see here is so perfect because it's so indicative of what any time with my family is like.  Even if you add the other half of the family that wasn't able to join us in Nashville, this would be what they would have been doing as well.  

There was a survey here at work about what my resolution for this new year will be... and I started thinking about it.  God gives us a new year... a time to start over.  Our calendar could have just been a list of days stretched out before us but God knew that we would need fresh starts, a time for renewal.  This year is a little different for me than others because I started my biggest resolution about 2 months ago.  I started eating healthy and have lost 23lbs -- I'd like to continue that, but on top of that I resolve to have a new year... one that's different than the old because it's full of growth and change.

I pray you are ready for a time of renewal as well!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

It is SUCH a sweet irreplaceable memory. ....YOU were the PERFECT hostess. That keeps coming up in talks off our Nashville trip. THANK YOU. as for resolutions...that is another discussion for another time.....

Anonymous said...

Good job on eating healthy! It is hard. I like to eat lots of pie and cake and chocolate and ice cream.