Sunday, July 19, 2009

A blast from the past...



Yesterday was amazing. My High School had a reunion cookout. People that I hadn't seen in 14 years came together for a wonderful time of reminiscing and catching up.

Initially I wasn't sure about this, I thought I'd stop by for a little bit and see who was there and then once I'd had one too many awkward silences I'd make up some excuse and head out. Eight hours later (2 hours past the scheduled time of the end of the bbq) I had to tear myself away. As evidenced by the lobsterness of my shoulders in this picture, I had a fun time hanging out in the sun. It was like no time at all had passed, but it was also as if none of the drama of high school had ever happened. So many times throughout the day I just and looked around in amazement at how well it worked and how much fun I was having. It was like I had found a whole group of friends and family again.

Next year's already being planned, and hopefully we'll be having some get together's throughout the year. Can't wait.

No comments: