Friday, November 06, 2009

What brought me joy today...

Dinosaur Invasion
As I walked in to the home office tonight I almost tripped over this guy -- although he looks quite scary in this picture, he's actually much smaller. The joy of this little guy being in the middle of the office floor is what it symbolizes... it means that little Rodney was playing with it and the toys surrounding it. Little guy took a nap on Grampy's "piddow" this afternoon and then spent some time at Grammy & Grampy's house playing with the toys. Everyone knows that knows that the toys that you don't get to play with every day are better than the boring ones you can play with whenever you want. ALSO -- if I know my dad, I can pretty much guarantee that this involved Grampy down on the floor playing with little Rodney bringing endless delight to both of them. Grammy was probably close by either spoiling him with treats or hugs.


Arrival of Books
I can't think of many things that bring me more joy than new books... but new books for my babies bring with it the anticipation of the look on their faces when they realize that Nonni got them new books. Recently a friend needed some help reaching a goal of selling Children's books, so I decided to see what she had available. (See her great site here). The Shapes Jigsaw Puzzle book is for little Rodney - all the other kids LOVED any puzzle books I brought home so I am sure that Rodney will feel the same way. Sammy, on the other hand, is fascinated with "diggers" -- can you believe that I found a book called "Diggers". He's going to love the endless entertainment this brings him.

Lest you stop and think "only books for the boys, what about the girls, you cad" - have no fear, they are spoiled rotten in their own right, this time just happens to be for my beloved boys. Can't wait to give these to them on Sunday along with some stickers. Oh and I have some jewelry and stickers for the girls too. :-) Sure do love my babies!!!

Thanks for sharing in my joy today!!

3 comments:

Keri said...

Joy shared is joy multiplied:) I LOVED reading about your joy in your babes and I agree that the sight of new books arrived to put into little ones hands is one of the very best things of life:) Love you!

Anonymous said...

Ohh! It will definitely bring them endless hours of joy and entertainment. How fun!!

Kelly said...

You are the best Nonni EVER. I think it bears noting though that the kiddie poos bring you NO more joy then you ENDLESSLY bring them. If i had a nickel for every time in my day that one of my kids mentions "nonni"....what she did, what she said, what she likes, when we are going to see her.....etc. I would be a WEALTHY woman.