Sunday, November 08, 2009

Giving & Receiving Joy


Today lunch was held at Panera Bread (Keri dearest, it was my very own important meeting). I hadn't had a chance to spend much time with my brother's family and I wished to rectify that. As mentioned in an earlier blog I had a book to give to my nephew Sammy. My little guy is so very smart and looked through the whole book fascinated and explaining the difference in "diggers" to me -- apparently they all have their very important job. Being the brilliant aunt that I am, I was prepared -- I came with paper and colored pencils for him to get started right away. Sammy was a great sharer and he let Myia do one as well. As you can see they both took it very seriously. Myia then went on to decorate hers with an American Flag sticker and wrote "Made in the USA" -- so clearly I have done my job with these little ones. :-)

I also had a gift for Myia. If you know anything about my oldest niece, she is a princess beyond anything you can believe. She HAS to wear dresses, fancy shoes, and her clothes must match. She is also quite the lady. I once told her that it would be easier for her to get over to her mother if she crawled under the table... she was HORRIFIED. Aghast she turns to me and states "ladies don't crawl under tables"... now I know. So in keeping with my little lady's personality, I found the most precious necklace with a dainty star on it and she was quite happy. Myia also made sure to keep the box to store it in and keep it safe.

Today's Joy brought to me by two of the loves of my life. Giving them joy brought me more joy than I could have imagined.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious! Myia came home to ride bike, but made sure to take off her beautiful necklace and put it away carefully on the shelf. :)

Thanks, we had a great time! And the kids love their gifts.

Stacy said...

Absolutely precious!!! I love Myia's freckles, she is adorable and your nephew is pretty handsome as well!

Keri said...

Oh, I LOVE the looks on their faces!!! Sheer joy indeed. I'd say your very important meeting was successful:)